Friday, July 2, 2010

Packing for the Family Trip

It may seem like common sense of what to pack for on a vacation, but sometimes hopping in a car for a day trip seems to take as much effort. We like to travel so that we aren't stretching the wallet too far. Having a larger vehicle takes more gas. Having a larger family takes more food. We always have everyone grab a filled water bottle before we leave. We bring a back pack filled with snacks such as cracker packs, fruits and sandwiches. Make sure to take the bug spray!!! If you plan to hit any of the swimming holes bring your towels, blanket, tanning lotion and toys. A change of clothes for the kids is a good idea as well as the 'sand' locally is not like beach sand. Bring your camera! There is so much beauty in New England. When I navigate with the kids I stop to take pictures of anything I think is appealing. When my husband navigates he is destination bound, and I am usually empty of cool pictures. :) Bring your map just in case. I really like mapquest to get driving directions. I can say it honestly hasn't failed me yet.
OK! Ready for the photo tour!? Oh wait.., everyone use the bathroom before we leave!!

No comments:

Post a Comment